Parental Involvement = SUCCESS

Stepping Up Creates Confident Eager Star Students

Sunday, August 11, 2013

EDLD 5352 Week 5 Reflection

When I first began this class I was expecting it to be just like all the previous one, read, videos, write a paper, etc, etc. etc.  But, WOW, was I ever wrong.  This class turned out to be a PBL.  "PBL, uh what's that?" is what I would have said four weeks ago.  Now there is an acronym for the very thing I have been doing in my classroom for 17 years...Project Based Learning! I had envisioned an outcome where I would be more knowledgeable about technology use in instruction. I had no idea I would learn so much in such a short time.  I have thoroughly enjoyed learning and using Google.docs to collaborate with my fellow classmates.  This is something I hope to use as soon as school begins.  I like it better than email  Everything will be in one place.  This will be a great tool to use for our PLC's.  I am excited to also join in "National Flip Your Classroom Day".  Hopefully I can introduce this to some other teachers on my campus and they will join in the fun.  This course has made me re-evaluate my thinking in how technology is used and how it's going to be used in the future of the education world.  This class definitely has me excited to begin the new school year and hopefully be a stronger leader in the technology area on my campus.  This entire class reminds me of one of my most favorite quotes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment